Friday, February 6, 2009

new pics

So, Nick and I have both been sick with a head cold for about a week and Wednesday, Belle was just really fussy and wouldn't sleep unless we were holding her, so we figured she was probably sick too. I gave her some tylenol Wednesday night and slept on the floor in her room (I've got a system down now and with about 10 blankets, it's really quite comfortable!) well, she still didn't sleep after the tylenol... she would sleep for about 15-20 minutes, then be crying again. So, I put her in her little bed thingy that goes in between you on the bed so that you don't roll over her and put her on the floor with me about 1:30 and she finally slept until about 2:15 and then I gave her some more tylenol and the little munchkin finally got some rest. She slept until about 7:00. So I called the doctor when we got up and we had an appointment for yesterday afternoon. Well, doc checked her all out and said she's a bit congested and he gave me some drops to put in her nose and she's been doing great since then! She's trying to catch up on her sleep I guess because she's been snoozing quite a bit today. Anyway, she has gained another pound in the last two weeks and is now 14 lbs 10 oz. They didn't take her length this time - they will do that at her 4 month appointment in March. Here are a couple pictures from yesterday after her appointment, looking like a little angel. :)
These ones are from today. This is the outfit from Grandma Lumsden from Christmas... thought you should all see the cute little lamb on the butt! :)This is also from today. She was looking at Elwood who kept trying to lick her face... Looks like she's trying to say "seriously dude... quit licking my face!" She's so darn cute! :) I can't wait for everyone to meet her! You can kiss her little cheeks all day long and she'll just smile at you and laugh! :) (except when she screams!!! haha!!)Well, I'm going to go do a little sewing until she wakes up for her nighttime feeding then I'm off to bed!

2 comments:

Amy Starkey said...

hope belle is feeling better...i cannot believe how big she's getting...before you know it she'll be walking and talking...craziness...

Unknown said...

She is absolutely the most beautiful baby... Just gorgeous! I can't get enough of those cheeks!! Glad you are feeling better... My kids (and us, of course, by default) have had a cold for 2 weeks now - it just won't finally clear up... I can't wait for spring!