Thursday, December 11, 2008

Girls day out... and then some.

So, Miss Isabelle and I had our first lunch out with the girls today.  It was very nice.  Amber and KP loved up on her the whole lunch and she stayed awake (with minimal fussing) for them the whole time!  She loves the attention! :)

We also went shopping this week.  We went to Kohl's, Target and Giant and she slept almost the entire time.  She started fussing when we were at Kohl's and it was time to leave.  (It was lunch time and she was ready to eat!)  So I have been figuring out her schedule a little better and am starting to figure out when she will sleep for a long time and when she won't so if I need to get out to run some errands, I have a very small window of time in which to do it!

So, Grandma Flint, Grandpa Brunk and Uncle Jeremy are coming out to visit next week and Grandma and Grandpa Hietikko are coming out the week between Christmas and New Year.  We are excited to have company (and a little help so I might get a little nap in every once in a while).  I still haven't mastered the art of "sleeping when the baby sleeps"... in fact, I haven't mastered it at all.  I don't get any sleep during the day, but I'm doing okay with the sleep I get at night.  And if I can get Belle to go back to sleep at her 7 or 8 o'clock wake up, I go back to sleep with her then.  I have also learned that I have a much better chance of getting her to go back to sleep at this time if I put her in bed with me.  In fact, she ALWAYS sleeps better if I put her in bed with me, but it's not something that I do often because I don't want her to get used to sleeping with us and before you know it, you have a 2 or 3 year old child sleeping with you and then good luck getting them to sleep in their own bed after that... but anyway, sometimes I'm just so tired and I just put her in bed with me and usually I fall back asleep before she does!!!  Anyway, I can't really remember where I was going with this story, so I'll just stop with the sleep habits here...

So, we've been getting some gifts in the mail the past couple days... Miss Isabelle now has quite a Michigan Tech wardrobe!!  I am proud to say that she will be sporting MTU parfinalia until about 18 months of age!!! :)  A special "Thank you" to Aunt Mary and Uncle Tom for her very first MTU hoodie.  I absolutely love it! :)  And a special thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Lumsden for the adorable pink MTU onesie and the bib. :)  If I wasn't so tired and lazy, I would take pictures and post them here for you all to see, but, well, I'm too tired and lazy. :)

Okay, that's about it for me.  Belle is probably going to wake up to eat in the next couple minutes, so I'm going to relax for a few minutes until that happens...

Oh - one last bit of information... We FINALLY found a daycare accepting infants (I have called more than 25 places and only 1 place is accepting infants...).  Anyway, we are going to go meet with this lady Monday.  The only problem is that her hours are 6:45 - 4:30... That's going to make it really rough, but it's do-able if I get to work by about 7:15 and only take a half hour lunch...  anyway, there were two other places that will have openings for infants in April and in July, so I will probably call them back and make appointments to meet with them too and at least if we don't like the first one, or the hours are too hard for us to make, we can at least have other options come spring... ugh... this whole motherhood and responsibility thing is killing me already... :)  JK  I'm loving it. :)

1 comment:

Amy Starkey said...

woman...are you gonna update?? i feel lost when you don't update...how's little isabelle doing? is your family still in town? isn't your dad or orv coming this week?? hope you all have a wonderful holiday season. i'm trying to get some stuff made for you for isabelle, but exhaustion is slowing me down, so it'll have to wait until after xmas and such...anyway, i need some isabelle updates! :)