Sunday, January 9, 2011

Giving it the finger...

As most of you know, we had a "manditory furlough" over the Christmas holiday from December 23 - January 3.  This means: 3 paid holidays and 5 days unpaid.  To top it off, I had not one, but TWO projects due on the 7th, and of course, they didn't bother to move those deadlines for us.  So, now, instead of having 2.5 weeks to do our projects (more than enough time), we had 4 days.  Then, I happened to get sick last week and had to stay home Thursday because I just wasn't feeling up to work after vomiting all night long.  Needless to say, one of my projects slipped because PM for one of them is pushy as they come and somehow always manages to find a way to get his stuff pushed to the front of your agenda.  Well, I didn't finish one of my projects because instead of having 3 days to do it, I had one.  I planned to work on it some this weekend, then thought about it more and decided to give it the finger... While I feel sort of bad for the PM on this one (he's a great guy), I know I'll get it done before the ACTUAL deadline of this Friday, but I am NOT giving that place anymore of my free time away from my family.  Instead of working tonight, I read books and watched a movie with my daughter. I have to say, that is time MUCH better spent! :)

No comments: